Monday, August 8, 2011

Leo vs Kurosaki


LEO




A 17 going on 18-year-old boy whose sharp eyes resemble those of a beast. Despite his looks, he is cute and childish. He cares deeply for Yuiko as she is his first friend, and soon after, falls in love with her. When Leo sees blood, his animalistic alter-ego emerges. In these moments, Yuiko is the only person able to stop him without resorting to tranquilizer darts. Leo is clueless about many things because he has been living in remote locations most of his life. He is forced to move around because of threatening relatives who want the large inheritance of 12 billion yen he is revealed to have later in the series. His father arrives to move him shortly after an attack by one of his relatives, but instead of running, he comes back to Yuiko.

KUROSAKI




A 24-year-old young man working as the school janitor. Kurosaki is often depicted smoking, drinking, and participating in violent acts. Despite his unpleasant attitude, he cares deeply for Teru, acting toward her with genuine kindness, and is extremely protective of her. Teru is initially unaware that Kurosaki is also DAISY, a computer hacker who worked with her brother, Souichirou, and has been entrusted with looking after her. He is described by Teru's friends to be very attractive, though he does not generally display his emotions. Much to his chagrin, he is often jokingly described as a pervert and a lolicon by his friends, as it is established among his closer companions that he has strong romantic feelings for Teru. Kurosaki has made it his mission to care for Teru on the request of his dying friend, Souichirou, though recently he has chosen to protect her as his true self also. Despite his strong feelings for her, Kurosaki believes that he has no right to love Teru as he is "the one that led her brother to his death." Throughout the manga he struggles between his feelings towards her and his own conflicting memories regarding his complicated past as a hacker.

MY OPINION: Truly, choosing between Kurosaki and Leo is a difficult thing to do knowing they are both lovable. But personally, I would somehow prefer Kurosaki. Maybe because I have read Dengeki Daisy first so I fell in love with Kurosaki first. ♥ I love how Kurosaki cares for Teru. That he's ready to give up everything for Teru's sake. Good thing Teru is aware of that and is grateful for that. Or else, I would hate her like how I hated Jan Di of "Boys over Flowers" because she neglected Gu Jun Pyo's efforts in showing his feelings towards her. Really, I want to grab Kurosaki out of the screen and let him become real.  But that's not possible, is it? Now, all I wish is to read the rest of the manga. It sometimes occur to me that I'd rather live in Japan so I could easily avail of the manga. I hope they would upload the rest of the chapters online soon. Below is "printscreen" from Facebook concerning the rivalry of Leo and Kurosaki. As I commented on the post, Kurosaki has become my ideal man. HAHA. Except for the smoking thingY. I hope I could convince him to quit smoking. I'm sure he would if Teru blackmails him that she would go into hiding if he wouldn't. Yah, smoking is a big deal for me. Cause I hate the smell of it. :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment