Thursday, November 24, 2011

A MUST-READ PORKY STORY


This is a stolen shot of "Zaykiell Notahero" while sleeping on his favorite pillow. There are many others like him who get eaten during occasions like Fiesta, especially here in Dumaguete. But luckily, Zaykiell was loved by his owners and they have decided not to cook him. They fed him the best quality of Uno Feeds and made sure that he gets enough of sleep everyday.

Zaykiell is very thankful to have such owners who nurtured him in the best way they could. But surprisingly, Zaykiell still felt something was lacking in his life. Something that he's been eager to have. Something that would make his everyday "wake-up, eat, sleep" life meaningful and complete. He wanted more. 


Every afternoon, he sneaked his way out to the window and watched the other schoolboys make their way home. It didn't take long for Zaykiell to realize that this was what he really wanted; to go to school and experience a human life. After months of tearful convincing, his owners finally granted his wish. Below is a picture of Zaykiell in his school uniform. This was taken on his first day of school. As seen from the picture, he was very excited and his eyes couldn't deny how happy he was to finally fulfill his wildest dreams.


At first, he found it hard to fit in the human world. But eventually, he made friends with a number of people despite of what he really was, and I am one of them. 

Below is a picture of Zaykiell while studying for our Social Studies subject. We were required to read articles about latest issues in the country. As we can see, Zaykiell is a very hardworking student. He never lets his "Porky Side" get in the way. He actually joined Pathways (a youth group organization) in Silliman University where he studies.


Although he was very busy in his academic and extra curricular activities, Zaykiell never failed to find time to spend with his real family. I've also put the picture of Zaykiell with his friend, Yasi below. They have known each other for almost four years. Zaykiell always visited Yasi every weekend in his piggery. Although Yasi was not as fortunate as Zaykiell for not having such loving and kind owners, Yasi actually became one of the Nestle Milee. He has become history in spite of his lack of education. Unlike Zaykiell, Yasi was not yearning so much to go to school. He did not feel that this could make any change in his life. And besides, he has already brought pride and honor to his Porky family. And Zaykiell would always remain proud of him. Always and forever will the two friends be together. Nothing could hinder their friendship.


The two of them were bestfriends. They shared the same interests and goals. They were both competent in everything that they do and they didn't have a problem with that. One rainy day, Yasi missed Zaykiell's company so much that he decided to wait outside Silliman University just to see Zaykiell and feel his warmth. After three long hours, finally, he spotted Zaykiell. With the most beautiful girl Yasi has ever seen in his entire life.


And there it was, right in front of his eyes, everything he has ever wanted. The thing that would make his life complete. As he stared at her, dumbstruck, he barely noticed that he was about to step on a hole. "Watch out, Mr!!" called out the girl of his dreams. "Ow, sorry. Oink!" replied Yasi, slightly embarrassed. The last thing he wants to do that moment to do uncool things that could dishearten the girl. Zaykiell suddenly appeared and helped Yasi stand up straight. This made Yasi annoyed. Did Zaykiell really think he was that weak to assume that he needed his assistance? Or did he just want to embarrass him more so he could get the girl without a fair fight. No! He couldn't allow that to happen. He should get the girl. He would forcefully take her if he had to. That's how much he has fallen for her. 

He was not yet finished processing his deep analysis when the girl burst out laughing. He looked at her with questioning eyes. The girl explained "No. Nothing really. It's just that you two were staring at each other for like 3 minutes. I mean, hello, I'm still here" still chuckling, "Okay sorry. I think the laugh was exaggerated but I just did that to make you remember I'm here."

Just when he thought he couldn't love her more. Her laughter was irresistible. Her voice was music to his ears. Everything about her... He wanted them all.

"Hmmm. So, I assume I'm gonna have introduce myself to your friend since you are not saying anything, Zaykiell. Hi, I'm Louisa. Zaykiell has been my classmate since we were in first year. So yeah, we're kinda close. Honestly, I think he loves me but I'm kinda ignoring it. You?"

"Huh? Aw, right. Yasi. Yes, that's my name." 

"Yasi. Nice to meet you" She offered her shake hands. Yasi's world was in slow motion now. He was about to touch the Louisa and he was not ready for this moment to arrive yet. Not yet. He took a deep breath and after gaining enough courage, finally, he shook hand with her. He felt the jolt in his soul the moment they touched. It was epic and momentous.

Months passed and their threesome friendship flourished. They sought one another's company like never before. Zaykiell and Louisa often spent their night in Yasi's house and watch horror movies. This was Louisa's weakness. She easily got scared by this type of movies. The dark side of Yasi was longing to take advantage of situations like this. But Zaykiell, who was on the other side of Louisa seemed to think the same way to. 

They frequently play together under the rain. The neighbors could rarely see them apart. The went to school together and walked home together. 


Zaykiell noticed that he never had the chance to have a romantic moment with Louisa since that day Yasi entered the picture. Yasi always made sure that he had no chance to spend alone with Louisa. He actually enrolled in Silliman just to guard her. Zaykiell treasured their friendship but it seemed like it doesn't matter to Yasi anymore.

Sick and tired, Zaykiell approached Yasi while he was eating an average quality of Uno Feeds. "Hey bro, let's get this straight, I fancy Louisa. I like her. So much. And I don't wanna lose you at the same time. Please to make me choose."

"You like her. But I love her. Oink! Between you and her, it would be her without any second thoughts."

"Oh yeah? Does she love you too?"

"She said if I just share my Uno Feeds with her, she'll never leave me. What more could I ask? I love her. And I want to be with her no matter how much the price I've got to pay just to buy her Korean clothes and jewelries."

"Are you insane? She's using you! She's just after your food! I can't believe you've become this person. How pathetic!!"

"Then let her use me all she wants!"

"No! I'll make her use me instead."

"What?"

"You heard it right, bro. I'll offer myself to her. If that's what it takes for her to choose me over you. I have the highest quality of Uno Feeds. And I have the most comfortable home she could ever ask. You have no chance against me."

"I thought you said I was being pathetic."

"We are pathetic."

The phone rang. Someone was calling. Desperate to leave the conversation, Yasi rushed to answer the phone. "Hello?"

The news shocked him. It felt like the whole island was sinking. It was like his world vanishing right before his eyes. 

"What? What is it?" asked Zaykiell, tensed.

"Louisa. She's kidnapped by some heartless people and was heated until she was edible."

"Huh? I don't understand. I thought she was shopping for shampoo and lotion. That's what she said."

"There's no time to talk. Let's go. Maybe we can still save her." They ran like hell. It was like their life depended on it. 


They went to the address given by the person whom Yasi talked to over the phone and it wasn't what they expected. People were gleeful and were talking to each other as if nobody died. They silently made their way inside and there she was, sitting on a table and her internal organs were removed. 


Yasi and Zaykiell simultaneously cried their hearts out.

"Oiiiiiiiiiiinkk!! Oink Oink!!! OOOOOIIIINKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!"

After some time, there came another pig with swollen eyes. He introduced himself as Jonathan. 

"I was the one who called you."

"Are you his brother? How come I've never met you?" asked Zaykiell.

"No, I am her boyfriend. And regretfully, I am the reason why she's on top of the table right now."

"I - I thought she had no boyfriend. We were courting her" said Yasi. He couldn't believe all these things happening right now.

Jonathan seemed not to be shocked by the news. "I know. Well, I guess she did that because she had to. She got those averaged-class Uno Feeds from you. She brought me food here. My owners are not the best people, I have to admit. My owner threatened to cook me for fiesta so I had no choice but to volunteer Louisa. I pretended to be sick and asked her to visit me. And just as we planned, she was cooked. It was a sabotage."

"What? You selfish punk! Look what you've done to her! She used to have the best skin, but now she's tanned!"

"I am so so sorry. Words can't describe how I feel right now. She made me promise that I'll never leave her, so I decided to make her leave me instead. I was crazy to think I could handle losing her in my life. I didn't even have the chance to say how much I love her. I'm not really a showy type of guy. But really, I do. I do love her. I just didn't know I loved her that much. I'll spend forever wondering what would it feel if I still have her beside me. I don't know how to ---"

Jonathan was not yet done delivering his speech when his owner grabbed him by the neck. Zaykiell and Yasi was shocked by his sudden appearance. "Sorry pig, we've got a problem. There are uninvited visitors in my dining room. So I'm sorry, I would have to cook you along with them."

"W-what? But you said .."

"Ssshh. I know I promised you I will not cook you if you just bring me three more pigs. But--- Oh no no. Noynoy, don't let those two ugly pigs escape."

So this was a set-up. Zaykiell and Yasi tried to get out of the house as fast as they could. But it wasn't enough. Noynoy was an athlete in Silliman University, also was known as the CEO of the most successful junk shop in town.. They had no chance of winning against him.


In the end, Zaykiell, Yasi, Jonathan, and Louisa were sitting on the same table. As promised, always and forever will they be together....

.. The End ..



No comments:

Post a Comment